McGills has offices in Cirencester, Malmesbury and Fairford and because we are based in the heart of the Cotswolds, we serve the needs of many family farms, ancestral estates, equestrian businesses and a large agri supply chain.
The agricultural and rural sector makes up one of our largest client groups and we specialise in helping:
- Family farms
- Suppliers and tradespeople to the agricultural sector
- Equestrian businesses
- Large family estates
We understand that to make sure your business remains profitable; you need to maximise efficiency and plan strategically for the future.
Whether you are planning to diversify and expand or you are considering the best way to pass on the business to the next generation, we are here to help.
Our services include:
- Tax-efficient business structures, including partnerships and limited companies
- agricultural tenancies
- Cash flow and profit forecasting for budget setting and management
- Raising finance for business expansion, diversification and land purchases
- Land and property sales or purchases
- New ventures and diversification
- Income Tax, including capital allowances, averaging relief and the herd basis
- Capital Gains Tax, including roll-over relief and the Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- Preparing monthly VAT Returns and obtaining refunds from HMRC
- Preparing statutory accounts and tax returns
- Tax advice such as succession planning and ringfencing the family business from the possibility of next generation failed marriages
- Inheritance Tax reviews
- Commercial advice on developing the business
To find out how McGills can help your agricultural or rural business to save time, money and tax, please contact us today.