Consultants trading as limited company contractors deliver high level skills to our economy. These consultancy businesses are particularly prevalent in the following trades:
- The Professions
- Business Consultancy
- Sales & Marketing
The consultant structure can be attractive to employees and clients alike. Both obtain flexibility, outside of the constraints of modern day employment law and both obtain tax and national insurance savings.
We have developed a wealth of experience in acting for such businesses, who typically require the following services:
- Company formation and setting up a new businesses
- Tax advice relating to IR35
- Bookkeeping advice or advice on computerised accounting software
- Registering for VAT and choosing the right VAT Scheme for you
- Statutory accounts preparation, company secretarial and corporation tax compliance
- Personal tax returns
- Payroll administration
Our consultant clients often ask us to manage their back office tax and accounting support services, freeing up their time for additional and more profitable client work.