- The second stage of the post-Brexit import Core Model begins.
- New National Living and Minimum Wage rates apply and the age limit for the National Living Wage drops to 23.
- Deadline to set up a Self-Assessment self-serve Time to Pay arrangement online to avoid fines for late payment of tax following the Government waiver.
- The extended apprenticeship scheme will launch offering employers payments of £3,000 for each new apprentice they hire.
- First day of the new tax year.
- Introduction of new IR35 rules for the private sector.
- New Recovery Loan Scheme launches to support businesses affected by COVID-19 offering loans of between £25,000 and £10 million.
VAT returns and payments due for Accounting Quarter period ending 28 February.
- Quarterly payment PAYE, Tax and NIC for the period ended 5 April 2021.
- Deadline for electronic remittance of PAYE, NICs and CIS to HMRC.
Deadline for filing of accounts with Companies House for accounting periods ended 30 April 2020 and 31 July 2020.