If you are struggling to get to grips with the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), we are here to support you.
As you will undoubtedly be aware, the CJRS is intended to reimburse up to 80 per cent of the wage costs (capped at £2,500 per month) of a ‘furloughed worker’ – an employee remaining on the payroll, but not carrying out any work.
Since Chancellor, Rishi Sunak’s original announcement on 20 March, the guidelines explaining which employees are eligible to be furloughed, have since been updated. You can find out more about who is now eligible here.
Our payroll team can help you furlough employees in compliance with the new legislation and apply for funding for CJRS via HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) once the portal for applications opens on 20 April 2020.
We can provide:
- Support to identify which staff members are eligible
- Template letters to communicate the change of employment status to furloughed workers
- ‘Minutes of meetings’ templates to furlough sole or multiple directors
- Assistance to identify the right documentation to support your applications
- Help with submitting your claim to HMRC to access the funding
- Ensure correct records of all furloughed employees are stored as claims may be audited by HMRC and documentation will need to be kept for five years
What our clients’ say
P.S. the doc you sent out earlier this week on the Coronavirus – Government support timeframes was great very useful. – Mark Fremantle of Oasis Events Limited
Impressed by your speed and efficiency – Laurence, MGM Motor Components Limited
Can I say everyone has been so helpful in setting up furlough so a big thank you from Simon and I and especially to Paula and Emily, they do a brilliant job for us. – Debbie